The Gifts of the Magi Are Always Here

By |2018-02-09T19:26:26-06:00December 24th, 2017|Christianity, Community, Consciousness, God, Jesus, Paradox, Religion, Transformation|

Christmas holds a special place in my heart because it was my dad’s favorite holiday, and because it’s a time of year for many family traditions and rituals to be played out. Every family has their own sacred, quirky, idiosyncratic rituals that frustrate and delight. Traditions that only need to make sense to the family [...]

Comments Off on The Gifts of the Magi Are Always Here

Words I Don’t Want to Say Together: Active Shooter & Church

By |2020-03-25T10:01:30-05:00November 10th, 2017|Articles - Leading Through Change, Community, Disaster Recovery, Faith, Leading Through Change, Religion, Uncategorized|

It seems horrifying to imagine that the places we have used for worship, sanctuary, community, fellowship, love and connection, places that for millennia have helped define our own identity are now having to be prepared for violence and death. I can’t even believe I am having to write these words. It pains me to know [...]

I WANT TO GIVE!

By |2020-03-25T10:00:43-05:00August 31st, 2017|Articles - Leading Through Change, Community, Disaster Recovery, Interconnected, Leading Through Change, News, Sacred Service|

As a Disaster Response/Recovery Chaplain (F5 Tornado in Joplin, Hurricane Katrina, as well as local support), I offer my experience to you as you are considering what and where to donate. When disaster strikes, every little bit does help, I just want to make sure that you/we make the most of our contributions, so please consider [...]

Spiritual Care During Times of Disaster

By |2020-03-25T10:01:06-05:00August 30th, 2017|Articles - Leading Through Change, Community, Disaster Recovery, Faith, Greater Reality, Interconnected, Interfaith, Leading Through Change, Religion, Sacred Service|

First let me start by saying I hold all those who have been affected by the devastation from #Harvey in my heart - enfolding all life, including those providing the necessary life giving aid, care and comfort. I can’t begin to imagine the fear, anger and terror being experienced. I am watching from a distance [...]

Jesus Speaks to the 12 – Part 4: Simon, Thaddeus and Judas

By |2019-04-18T09:42:37-05:00April 13th, 2017|Christianity, Community, God, Interfaith, Jesus, Prayer, Religion, Transformation|

Jesus Speaks to the 12 is a 4-part series written for Holy Thursday. In each part, 3 disciples present at the Last Supper are highlighted. It is partially inspired by the Unity teaching of the Twelve Powers. Part 1 sets the context and Jesus speaks to Peter, Andrew and James. Part 2 is John, Phillip [...]

Jesus Speaks to the 12 – Part 3: Thomas, Matthew and James son of Alphaeus

By |2019-04-18T09:43:33-05:00April 12th, 2017|Christianity, Community, God, Interfaith, Jesus, Prayer, Religion, Transformation|

Jesus Speaks to the 12 is a 4-part series written for Holy Thursday. In each part, 3 disciples present at the Last Supper are highlighted. It is partially inspired by the Unity teaching of the Twelve Powers. Part 1 sets the context and Jesus speaks to Peter, Andrew and James. Part 2 is John, Phillip [...]

Comments Off on Jesus Speaks to the 12 – Part 3: Thomas, Matthew and James son of Alphaeus

Jesus Speaks to the 12 – Part 2: John, Phillip and Bartholomew

By |2019-04-18T09:40:54-05:00April 11th, 2017|Christianity, Community, God, Interfaith, Jesus, Prayer, Religion, Transformation|

Jesus Speaks to the 12 – Part 1: Peter, Andrew, and James

By |2019-04-18T09:41:55-05:00April 10th, 2017|Christianity, Community, God, Interfaith, Jesus, Prayer, Religion, Transformation|

Welcome to My World

By |2018-12-08T15:34:36-06:00February 5th, 2017|Community, Greater Reality, Interconnected, Interfaith, Prayer, Religion, Sacred Service|

On Sunday, February 24, 2017, I had the privilege to speak for a few minutes at the KC Interfaith Vigil for Immigrants and Refugees - in response to presidential orders being signed that were banning refugees and immigrants from entering the United States. As the Chair of the Greater Kansas Interfaith Council, I offered these words. [...]

My Hallelujah Thanksgiving

By |2018-02-09T19:26:28-06:00November 24th, 2016|Community, Consciousness, Death & Dying, Gratefulness, Interconnected, Transformation|

It might sound strange, but Muppets are necessary for me at this time in my life, because they remind me there is hope. You see, there are places in my mind and heart - doorways really - full of such sorrow that I do not want to enter. Yet these doors get blown open over [...]

Title

Go to Top